The Northwest Minnesota Arts Council hires two main contract positions each year. Please let us know if you are interested in being considered for these two positions. Submit a cover letter describing how you are qualified to fulfill the contract and send your current resume, to our office by June 1, 2016.
Promotions Specialist: Excels in working with the media, social media, and web presence.
Pay Scale is considered a contracted specialist. The work activities take approximately 520 hours a year spread out over 12 months. A contract for $13,000 was used last year to complete the work activities. There are no benefits.
Promotions Work Activities:
- Website updates and coordination
- Develop and increase promotion on social media
- Attend the NWMAC Artist Reception annually to take pictures and post to our social media about the event.
- Complete a once a month e-newsletter
- Improve the NWMAC on-line directory
- Arrange for one artists or arts leader monthly to talk on our radio spot. Coordinate all weekly radio segments.
- Determine one workshop annually to offer related to promotion and marketing. Announce, attend, and arrange the workshop.
- Create platforms for charitable donations
- Work with groups to use Explore MN Tourism website
- Promote information on residency artists
- Create two six-month reports for the Board of Directors on statistics related to promotion and marketing.
Showcase Specialist: Creates and installs exhibits
Pay Scale is considered a contracted specialist. The work activities take approximately 600 hours a year spread out over 12 months. A contract for $15,000 was issued last year to complete the work activities. There are no benefits.
- Coordinate five different gallery showcases in East Grand Forks for the Art and Wine Walk months. Attend Art and Wine walk events. Coordinate food and beverage. Evaluate each events.
- Coordinate bi-monthly shows running Nov/Dec; Jan/Feb; March/April in the gallery in East Grand Forks
- Coordinate the food/location and final details for two opening receptions for Arts Midwest World Fest in Thief River Falls. Attend the two Saturday concerts to run the ticket selling table. Audit the cash received for the concert.
- Assist with the display set-up for the Northwest Minnesota Art Exhibit. Attend the reception and help dismantle the exhibit. Select pieces for the traveling exhibit.
- Arrange dates and locations for the traveling exhibit to area libraries. Move the exhibit from location to location. Eight times from May through December. Drop off artwork with artists or arrange for the pick-up of artwork.
- Create a monthly artist opportunities e-newsletter in constant contact. Work with the Promotions specialist in a team effort.
- Design marketing pieces for showcase projects within the contract. Create press releases and media announcements for projects within the contract.
- Determine at least one artist workshop per year. Market the workshop and attend.
- Provide a print-out of completed work activities each six months in late November and late May; include statistics/evaluation and upcoming events.
Note: The work activities have been slightly abbreviated above. The see a full listing please contact our office.