The Northwest Minnesota Arts Council is partnering with Springboard for the Arts to bring a series of valuable business workshops, Work of Art: Business Skills for Artists, to artists of the northwest MN region. The goal of the series is to assist artists of every creative media in professional development and to attain success in the arts. The workshop series will take place at Campbell Public Library in East Grand Forks beginning on Wednesday, September 12, 2012, at 5:00 p.m.
Each workshop in the series will help artists develop targeted skills in growing a successful business, from managing time, to pricing artwork, to using technical media for promotional needs. Each month a new area will be discussed.
Come be a part of this dynamic learning opportunity, once a month beginning Wednesday September 12, 2012.
Dates, time, and topics of workshops are listed below.
Springboard for the Arts presents Work of Art: Business Skills for Artists.
Description: A series of ten workshops to help artists in building their business toward success. Develop your skills in time management, promotion, marketing, pricing your work, knowing your legal rights and responsibilities, and much more.
Where: Campbell Public Library, East Grand Forks (handicap accessible)
Time: Sign-in: 5:45. Workshop: 6:00-8:30 p.m.
Dates and Topics:
- Wed Sep 12 Career Planning for Artists
- Wed Oct 10 Time Management for Creative People
- Wed Nov 14 Your Promotional Toolkit
- Wed Dec 12 Marketing for Artists
- Wed Jan 16 Legal Considerations for Artists (Note: 3rdWed!)
- Wed Feb 13 Recording and Financial Management for Artists
- Wed Mar 13 Simple Business Plans for Artists
- Wed Apr 10 Pricing Your Work: Getting Paid for What You Do
- Wed May 15 Funding for Artists (Note: 3rdWed!)
- Wed Jun 12 Social Media for Artists