The Northwest Minnesota Arts Council is hiring a Training/Network Specialist. This is a contract position and is initially for $1,800, to work in May and June. The contract will then be offered again from July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018 for $11,000. This contract will involve approximately $9,000 of time at $25.00 an hour and $2,000 of travel.
The first two months (May and June) will be focused on coordination via computer and phone calls. The contract person must supply his or her own computer and home office environment. Please submit a letter of interest for this position related to the first and second contracts listed below and your resume. The deadline to apply is May 2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The first contract from May – June 30, 2017 for $1,800 has six tasks:
- Set up our new “Bag it: Creative Lunches” networking program.
- Research a series of trainings related to auditoriums on light, sound, microphones, set, etc. Use area experts.
- Coordinate Arts Organizations to learn about Americans for Disabilities Act: Set-up VSA training in our region.
- Training Artists to do Artist in Residency work: Set-up COMPAS training in our region for Fall.
- Train 8 small contract workers to be Springboard Work of Art trainers for our area and Bag It facilitators.
- Report on progress at June 2018 meeting of NWMAC in writing.
The second contract is from July 2017 – June 2018 for $11,000:
- Implement Bag It: Creative Lunches starting in September 2018.
- Implement Auditorium trainings with VSA trainings in Thief River Falls.
- Coordinate COMPAS training for artists in July, Aug, Sept.
- Check and continue to train the 8 contract workers implementing Work of Art and Bag It.
- Art Crawl planning with implementation first weekend in Oct 2018, travel with Executive Director to Meander Art Crawl in Montevideo to experience and learn what works.
- Coordinate an Arts Expo with organizations from across MN at our Spring 2018 NWMAC Art Exhibit reception weekend. Including: 1)Placemaking session for cities, artists and arts organizations within Arts Expo. 2) Cinco de Mayo training guide for Cities and Arts Organizations within Arts Expo. 3) Festival training 101 session within Arts Expo.
- Report on progress at Nov/Dec and June meetings of NWMAC.
We expect that there will be a third contract from July 2018 – June 2019 for $12,000. Major work actvities will include:
- Art Crawl implementation first weekend in Oct 2018 with help from Executive Director.
- VSA training for Arts Organizations continues with check in related to progress on goals.
- Artist residency training for artists continues with new set of artists.
- Bag It: Creative Lunches continue and are evaluated.