A Day for Theater Makers — Theater Tech Workshop
Saturday, April 6, 2019
10AM to 4PM
NWMAC Office Conference Room
109 S Minnesota Street, Warren MN
Put this on your calendar!
This is a day for theater makers in our region to get together, gain some knowledge, share some knowledge, and meet others with the same goal: producing quality theater. Cost is $15, which includes the training, materials, and lunch. Mileage reimbursement is available for those traveling over 60 miles. To register email Jane Anderson at email@example.com.
You must RSVP!
Sessions will include:
- Set Design and Building
- Costumes and Wigs
- Props, Masks and Puppets
- Social Media/Online ticket sales/Credit Card Acceptance
Who is this workshop intended for?
- Directors: Learn some tech basics and—perhaps more importantly–how to dialogue with others to create a comprehensive production.
- Board members: gain insight into the world of “what’s going on behind the scenes.” Also, easy and inexpensive ways to manage staff and volunteers, box office and publicity.
- Set Builders and those who would like to become Set Builders: innovative and practical ways to create theater within a limited budget.
- Costumers: How to create a costume plot, measure, local area and internet resources, storing and organizing inventory.
- Volunteers of every aspect of theater: those who want to step into this world but lack knowledge and confidence.
- Young/old/seasoned veterans/newcomers: there will be time to ask questions, give answers and get to know others in our region.
Presenters for the workshop include Philip Hoks, Jane Anderson and Andrea Thibert.
Tentative schedule includes:
10:00 Welcome, Introductions at high school
10:30 Set Design and Construction by Philip Hoks at high school
Noon Lunch at NWMAC offices
12:45 Costumes and Wigs by Andrea Thibert and Jane Anderson
2:00 Break: Coffee, Soda, Snacks
2:15 Props, Masks and Puppets by Philip Hoks
3:15 Misc Topics: Square, Online Ticket Sales, Remind, Q&A
4:00 Wrap Up
After: Optional get together to continue the conversation