Business Skills for Artists
Springboard’s Work of Art: Business Skills for Artists is a professional development curriculum designed to teach business skills to artists in all disciplines — visual, performing and literary arts. The Northwest Minnesota Arts Council is offering this training right here in our region. Take advantage of this opportunity and register today! Attend as many sessions as you choose.
Ten workshop sessions will be offered over three weekends at our office in Warren. Springboard for the Arts well trained staff from Fergus Falls will lead most of the workshops. Learn valuable business skills that will move your artistic business to a new level.
- Friday, Feb 15, 6 to 8:30PM Career Planning: Session 1 & Intro to the series
- Saturday, Feb 16, 9AM to 3:30PM Portfolio Kit, lunch then Record Keeping
- Friday, March 8, 6 to 8:30PM Pricing
- Saturday, March 9, 9AM to 3:30PM Social Media/Marketing, lunch then Legal Considerations
- Saturday, April 13, 9AM – 3:30PM Funding, Grant writing, & Business Plan Essentials This session was cancelled due to weather. It has been rescheduled for MAY 18.
Sessions will take place at the NWMAC Office Conference Room 109 S Minnesota St, Warren
For $30.00 participants can choose to attend as many workshops as you’d like up to all ten workshops. Even if participants can only attend one workshop the cost is still $30.00 because that covers the cost of receiving a $20 workbook plus food.
This will be a fun informative class with networking around pizza suppers on Friday nights and soup/sandwich lunch on Saturdays. Food is part of your registration! The more workshops you attend the more value you receive. This workshop series costs over $200 if participants were to attend the sessions in the Twin Cities or other parts of our state. Funding from The McKnight Foundation to the Northwest Minnesota Arts Council is greatly reducing the cost of these workshops!