Assistance is available to students for a mentorship and/or to attend a training workshop that is not related to credit. Students must be in high school and a resident of our seven county region. Grants can be used for visual art, fine art craft, photography, videography, theater, dance, music, and creative writing. Look below for a list of Minnesota based camps. These grants are for $500.00. Deadline: March 15
Instructions to apply…
- First print out the Fact Sheet for a quick reference to the program.
- Then read the Instructions for Completing the Student Artist Training Application.
- Decide whether you would like to fill in the application on-line or request a pdf version sent to your email.
- Complete the application and mail to our office by the deadline.
If you are awarded a grant, please complete this Student final report form in Word. This report is due 60 days after your project’s ending date.
Below is a list of MN based organizations that offer opportunities and camps for students. Please surf around these sites, that Therese has provided. She researched where kids can go to learn in MN! Students can also work one-on-one with a mentor (teacher) who lives in our area. Pictured above is Karlee with her high school teacher Erin Nelson. Karlee completed a mentorship in painting with a $500.00 grant from NWMAC.
1. UMN School of Music
- MCAD: Minneapolis College of Art & Design
- THEATRE ARTS TRAINING
The Children’s Theatre Company Theatre Arts Training
- 11th Annual Allegro Orchestra Camp
- Sing Minnesota
- Carleton College
- The Art Institutes International Minnesota
- The Loft Literary Center
- Northern Clay Center