Each calendar year, we create a three page annual report summary on grants, services, and special projects for that year. Please check them out by clicking below.
A more detailed list of the last two fiscal years of grants is below. This will give you a better idea of what projects and proposals received funding.
Northwest Minnesota Arts Council
Fiscal Year 2012 Arts Grants
(awarded from July 1 - November 1, 2011)
|Fund Source||NWMAC Progam||Grantee Name||Award||Project|
|The McKnight Foundation||Adult Fellowship Grant||Joel Miller of Roseau||$4,000.00||Purchase sculpture studio supplies and equipment|
|The McKnight Foundation||Adult Fellowship Grant||Jeanne O’Neil of East Grand Forks||$1,500.00||Printmaking children’s book|
|The McKnight Foundation||Adult Fellowship Grant||Jolene Juhl of Greenbush||$1,500.00||Glass fusing equipment|
|The McKnight Foundation||Adult Fellowship Grant||Steve Adkins of Roseau||$1,500.00||Photography display and printer|
|The McKnight Foundation||Adult Fellowship Grant||Frank Olson of Roseau||$1,500.00||Purchase tenor saxophone|
|The McKnight Foundation||Adult Fellowship Grant||Jessica Pribula of East Grand Forks||$4,000.00||Exhibit preparation|
|State Legacy Access||Arts Legacy Grant||Middle River Community Club||$1,330.00||Sponsor wood carver and children’s art activities at Goose Fest|
|State Legacy Access||Arts Legacy Grant||Crookston Civic Music League||$4,035.00||“John Jorgenson Quintet”|
|State Legacy Access||Arts Legacy Grant||Julie Elick: Artists on Main in Roseau||$6,000.00||Display lights and grids|
|State Legacy Access||Arts Legacy Grant||East Grand Forks Economic Development Housing Authority||$2,800.00||Public art paintings|
|State Legacy Access||Arts Legacy Grant||Roseau Area Arts Association||$2,200.00||Sponsor children’s theater workshop and performance in 2012.|
|State Legacy Learning||Arts Legacy Grant||Roseau School District||$5,670.00||Sponsorship of three writing residencies|
|State Legacy Learning||Arts Legacy Grant: Residency Special Progam||Tri-County School in Karlstad||$2,100.00||Residency with folk artist Ross Sutter|
|State Legacy Learning||Arts Legacy Grant: Residency Special Progam||Tri-County School District in Karlstad||$2,100.00||Residency in spoken word poetry with Kyle Myhre|
|State Legacy Learning||Arts Legacy Grant: Residency Special Progam||Roseau School District||$2,100.00||Residency in jazz music with Doug Little|
|State Legacy Learning||Arts Legacy Grant: Residency Special Progam||Crookston School District||$2,100.00||Residency with percussionist Mick LaBriola|
|State Legacy Access||Arts Legacy Grant: Residency Special Progam||Fertile-Beltrami School District||$2,100.00||Residency with MU Performing Arts|
|State General Allocation||Arts Project Grant||Middle River Community Theatre||$3,000.00||2011 Goose Festival play|
Northwest Minnesota Arts Council
Fiscal Year 2011 Arts Grants
|Fund Source||Grant Program||Grantee Name||Award||Project|
|State General Allocation||ARTISTS IN THE SCHOOLS||Red Lake Co. Central School District||$1,955.00||Residency with Jean Ranstrom in oil painting|
|State General Allocation||ARTISTS IN THE SCHOOLS||Roseau Public School||$2,175.00||Residency with Ross Sutter|
|State General Allocation||ARTISTS IN THE SCHOOLS||Crookston School District||$1,800.00||Trey Everett drawing residency|
|State General Allocation||ARTISTS IN THE SCHOOLS||Fosston School District||$1,300.00||Residency with author illustrator Carrie Hartman|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS LEGACY ACCESS||McIntosh Heritage and Arts Center||$2,800.00||Sponsor performing artists|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS ACCESS||Thief River Falls Arts Council||$5,320.00||Purchase spotlight/mics and Publicity Director|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS ACCESS||Clayworks||$10,000.00||Kiln creation and use|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS ACCESS||Kittson County Historical Society||$2,800.00||Sponsor the Woodpicks and other entertainment|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS ACCESS||Warroad Heritage Center||$2,800.00||Sponsor Native American artists|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS ACCESS||Middle River Community Theatre||$9,000.00||Children’s play for 2011 and Depot painting|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS ACCESS||Stephen Arts Council||$9,280.00||Building repair|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS ACCESS||Tri River Pioneers, Inc.||$2,150.00||Artists for afternoon of music and dance entertainment|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS ACCESS||Thief River Falls School District||$4,255.00||Art Walk Project|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS ACCESS||Roseau County Historical Society||$2,800.00||Sponsor artistic entertainment|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS ACCESS||Roseau County Historical Society||$2,800.00||Sponsor artistic entertainment|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS ACCESS||Roseau Area Arts Association||$900.00||Bus transportation to Bemidji play Lend Me a Tenor|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS ACCESS||Two Rivers Area Theatre||$6,000.00||Purchase aerial work platform and fixture rigging|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS ACCESS||Assoc. of the French of the North||$2,800.00||Sponsor theatrical portrayal and musicians|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS ACCESS||9/11 Remember America Committtee||$10,000.00||9/11 Original play and staging|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS ACCESS||Polk County Agricultural Fair Assoc.||$3,180.00||Sponsor The Bistodeau Family & Terrence Smith|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS ACCESS||Norman County Agricultural Society||$1,750.00||Sponsor the Woodpicks|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS ACCESS||Ada Chamber of Commerce||$3,100.00||Original play by Rachel Brandt|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS ACCESS||Norman County Historical Society||$2,800.00||Sponsor visual artist workshop and performing artists|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS ACCESS||Crookston Community Theatre||$4,100.00||Nunsensations!|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS ACCESS||Polk County Historical Society||$2,800.00||Sponsor performing artists|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS ACCESS||East Grand Forks Campbell Library||$9,470.00||Marvels at the library, and purchase recording equipment|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS ACCESS||Marshall County Fair||$10,000.00||Canopy for audience at artistic stage area|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS ACCESS||Friends of Lake Bronson State Park||$5,050.00||Woodcarver’s Festival|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS ACCESS||North Country Fiddle and Dance||$4,100.00||Series of community dances|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS ACCESS||East Polk Heritage Center||$2,800.00||Sponsor performing artists|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS ACCESS||Red Lake County Fair Board||$1,980.00||Artists for fair|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS ACCESS||Pennington County Historical Society||$2,800.00||Sponsor performing artists|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS ACCESS||Thief River Falls Parks and Recreation Dept.||$8,500.00||Purchase portable dance floor|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS ACCESS||Northern Jazz||$8,970.00||Northern Jazz concerts|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS ACCESS||City of Thief River Falls||$10,000.00||Carnagie building artistic light fixtures|
|State Legacy Cultural||ARTS CULTURAL HERITAGE||Polish Natn Alliance Lodge 3060||$4,000.00||Sponsor Polish Dancers|
|State Legacy Cultural||ARTS CULTURAL HERITAGE||Hallock Library Board||$4,770.00||Flamenco Dancer sponsorship|
|State Legacy Cultural||ARTS CULTURAL HERITAGE||City of Roseau||$3,130.00||Scandinavian Festival|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS CULTURAL HERITAGE||l’Association des Francais du Nord||$6,000.00||Sponsor Le Vent du Nord musical group at Chautauqua|
|State Legacy Learning||ARTS LEARNING||Greenbush-Middle River School District||$2,500.00||Residency with Anne Krocak|
|State Legacy Learning||ARTS LEARNING||Kittson Central School||$8,000.00||Camp Art 2011|
|State Legacy Learning||ARTS LEARNING||Fertile-Beltrami School District||$2,500.00||Visual art residency|
|State Legacy Learning||ARTS LEARNING||Summer Arts Stages||$10,000.00||Safari preparation and tour|
|State Legacy Learning||ARTS LEARNING||Roseau School District||$2,100.00||Writing residency with John Minczeski|
|State Legacy Learning||ARTS LEARNING||Warren/Alvarado/Oslo School||$2,500.00||Residency in visual arts with Jean Ranstrom|
|State Legacy Learning||ARTS LEARNING||Stephen/Argyle School District||$2,100.00||Safari Children’s Theater|
|State Legacy Learning||ARTS LEARNING||Warren/Alvarado/Oslo School||$2,243.28||Residency in visual arts|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS PROJECT||Marshall County Fair||$3,000.00||Artists for Free Stage at Fair|
|State General Allocation||ARTS PROJECT||Goodridge School District||$2,830.00||Purchase Kiln|
|State General Allocation||ARTS PROJECT||Thief River Falls Community Arts Council||$3,000.00||Production of Blame it on the Walleye|
|State General Allocation||ARTS PROJECT||Greenbush-Middle River School District||$815.00||Purchase light equipment for photography|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS PROJECT||Fosston Library Arts Center||$3,000.00||Every Little Crook and Nancy|
|State General Allocation||ARTS PROJECT||St. John Lutheran School||$1,005.00||Purchase visual art equipment|
|State General Allocation||ARTS PROJECT||Norman County East School District||$2,570.00||Purchase portable stage light equipment|
|State General Allocation||ARTS PROJECT||Tri-County School District||$2,470.00||Purchase Marimba|
|State General Allocation||ARTS PROJECT||Fertile Beltrami School||$2,700.00||Purchase sound equipment|
|State General Allocation||ARTS PROJECT||Climax-Shelly School District||$1,000.00||Purchase glass blowing equipment|
|State General Allocation||ARTS PROJECT||Lancaster School District||$750.00||Purchase music keyboard|
|State General Allocation||ARTS PROJECT||Ada Summer Children’s Theater||$2,165.00||Sponsor Missoula Children’s Theater|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS PROJECT||Stephen Arts Council||$3,000.00||Oliver|
|State General Allocation||ARTS PROJECT||Ada/Borup School District||$3,000.00||Sound/music recording equipment|
|State General Allocation||ARTS PROJECT||Stephen/Argyle School District||$3,000.00||Purchase lights and sound equipment|
|State General Allocation||ARTS PROJECT||Oklee School District||$2,890.00||Purchase digital cameras.|
|State Legacy Access||ARTS PROJECT||Roseau Area Arts Association||$2,000.00||Production of Chicago|
|McKnight Foundation||INDIVIDUAL ARTIST||Patricia Dunning||$1,500.00||Promotional booklet|
|McKnight Foundation||INDIVIDUAL ARTIST||Lance Thorn||$1,200.00||Photography project|
|McKnight Foundation||INDIVIDUAL ARTIST||Ron Woolever||$4,000.00||Photography printer|
|McKnight Foundation||INDIVIDUAL ARTIST||Linda Short||$1,500.00||Promotional materials for music business|
|McKnight Foundation||INDIVIDUAL ARTIST||Sherri Kruger||$4,000.00||Glass studio equipment purchases|
|McKnight Foundation||INDIVIDUAL ARTIST||Kristin Eggerling||$1,500.00||Children’s book|
|McKnight Foundation||INDIVIDUAL ARTIST||Kim Hruba||$1,500.00||Split Rock Arts workshop in writing|
|McKnight Foundation||INDIVIDUAL ARTIST||Becky Ylitalo||$1,200.00||Children’s book publishing|
|State Legacy Learning||STUDENT ARTIST||Kaitlyn Emery||$500.00||Mentorship in drums.|
|State General Allocation||STUDENT ARTIST||Capri Pederson||$500.00||Attend camp in writing|
|State General Allocation||STUDENT ARTIST||Matt Stanger||$500.00||Music mentorship|
|State General Allocation||STUDENT ARTIST||Keary Stanger||$500.00||Music mentorship|
|State General Allocation||STUDENT ARTIST||Lily Erdal||$500.00||Mentorship in clarinet|
|State General Allocation||STUDENT ARTIST||Katelyn Vilmo||$500.00||Theater mentorship|
|State Legacy Learning||STUDENT ARTIST||Shannel Dahlgren||$500.00||Mentorship in music|
|State General Allocation||STUDENT ARTIST||Emily Jensen||$500.00||Attend camp in visual art|
|State General Allocation||STUDENT ARTIST||Kati Larsen||$500.00||Visual arts mentorship|
|State General Allocation||STUDENT ARTIST||Nicole Lubarski||$500.00||Voice mentorship|
|State General Allocation||STUDENT ARTIST||Haley Kujava||$500.00||Attend music camp|
|State General Allocation||STUDENT ARTIST||Kristen Grochowski||$500.00||Attend music camp|
|State Legacy Learning||STUDENT ARTIST||Sarah Ingle||$500.00||Glass bead mentorship|
|State General Allocation||STUDENT ARTIST||Miranda Nygaard||$500.00||Attend music camp|
|State Legacy Learning||STUDENT ARTIST||Anna Christenson||$500.00||Literary art mentorship|
|State Legacy Learning||STUDENT ARTIST||Brita Christenson||$500.00||Mentorship in visual art|
|State General Allocation||STUDENT ARTIST||Kaitlyn Fuglseth||$500.00||Mentorship in graphic design|
|State Legacy Learning||STUDENT ARTIST||Michael Thompson||$500.00||Mentorship in trumpet|
|State General Allocation||STUDENT ARTIST||Alexandra Regeimbal||$500.00||Minnesota All-State Choir|
|State General Allocation||STUDENT ARTIST||Tayler Wilson||$500.00||Attend art institute international|
|State General Allocation||STUDENT ARTIST||Isaiah Burkel||$500.00||Attend camp for speech and drama|
|State Legacy Learning||STUDENT ARTIST||Michelle Soto||$500.00||Mentorship in drama|
|State General Allocation||STUDENT ARTIST||Cynthia Kaste||$500.00||Photography mentorship|
|State Legacy Learning||STUDENT ARTIST||Kiah Burke||$500.00||Photography mentorship|
|State Legacy Learning||STUDENT ARTIST||Ashley Lorenson||$500.00||Mentorship in photography|
|State General Allocation||STUDENT ARTIST||Boma Afonya||$500.00||Voice mentorship|
|State General Allocation||STUDENT ARTIST||Christy Andersen||$500.00||Attend music camp|
Northwest Minnesota Arts Council
Fiscal Year 2010 Arts Grants
Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund Grants:
- University of Minnesota Crookston, $3,000.00; for Cinco de Mayo Hispanic artists in April 2010.
- City of Roseau, $1,950.00; for Scandinavian Festival musicians related to maypole in June 2010.
- Kittson Central School District, $6,000.00; for “Camp Art” for youth that will include the sponsorship of three residency artists in July 2010.
- Roseau Area Arts Association, $500.00; for the sponsorship of Prairie Fire children’s theater; and $1,600.00 for transportation costs to provide access to Bemidji arts events in 2010.
- Clayworks, Red Lake Falls, $6,000.00; for raku festival and completion of tile sign project in 2010.
- Fosston Library Arts Association, $5,500.00; for summer arts programming for youth, promotion, and the sponsorship of The Canadian Brass in 2010.
- Middle River Community Theater, $6,000.00; for their children’s theater production of Winnie the Pooh in June 2010 and other theater improvements.
- Steps Dance Academy, Warren, $3,460.00; for the purchase of a portable dance floor and portable mirrors.
- Thief River Falls Community Arts Council, $6,000.00; primarily for the production of “Leaving Iowa” in July 2010; and $6,000.00 for the production of “The Producers” in June 2011.
- Artists on Main, Roseau, $6,000.00; for signage and promotional items for this retail cooperative.
- Summer Arts Stages, East Grand Forks, $6,000.00; to bring their children’s theater touring group Safari to area communities from July – August 2010.
- Pennington County, $4,470.00; to bring Scandinavian music and dance to their festival in August 2010.
- East Grand Forks Campbell Library, $6,000.00; for a series of arts experiences called Art Energy at the library in June – October 2010.
- Palmville Press, Wannaska, $6,000.00; for the purchase of a printer to create a higher quality literary product that features artists and local writers.
- Roseau School District, $5,520.00; for three writer residencies in the school in May 2011.
- University of Minnesota Crookston, $1,420.00; for VSA artist residency with artists with barriers in October 2010.
- Ada Chamber of Commerce, $600.00; to sponsor Kathy Erickson Band at Fun in the Flatlands celebration in September 2010.
- Warren/Alvarado/Olso School District, $2,700.00; to sponsor Lisa Arnold mosiac tile workshop in August 2010.
- Agassiz Environmental Learning Center, Fertile, $2,330.00; to sponsor outdoor art installation and music on Oct 2 and 3, 2010; and $4,900.00 to sponsor a tiny trees exhibit and music.
- Twin Valley Lion’s Club, $6,000.00 to create a music video for the town and area to the local songwriter’s song C’mon Up in 2011.
- Warroad Summer Theater, $4,000.00 to promote the theater and storage facility costs in 2011; and $6,300.00 for the production of “Gilligan’s Island” in March 2011.
- Roseau Friends of the Library, $10,000.00 for the creation of a public art sculpture piece by local artists Sue Suess and Joel Miller in 2011; and $1,650.00 for a music recording to compliment the ABC book in Aug 2011.
- Fosston Library Arts Association, $9,360.00 to set-up a sound recording studio for community members at their arts center in 2011.
- University of MN Crookston, $10,000.00; to sponsor artists for Cinco de Mayo celebration in April 2011.
- Roseau County Historical Society, $1,240.00; to sponsor artist Guillermo Guardia in visual arts on February 15-18, 2011.
- Stephen/Argyle School District, $1,890 for a writing residency with Stephen Peters; and $2,160 for a visual art residency with Mike Hazard in 2011.
- Roseau School District, $2,100 for a writing residency with John Minczeski in 2011; and $2,100 for a jazz music residency with Douglas Little.
- Plummer School District, $2,100 for a dance and drum residency with Francis Kofi in 2011.
- Thief River Falls School District, $2,500 for the sponsorship of Kimberly Okdekoven in 2011.
- Tri-County School District, $2,100 for a writing residency with Kyle Myhre in 2011; and $2,500 for a cartoon drawing residency wtih Duane Barnhart in 2011.
- Greenbush-Middle River School District, $5,000 for a tile visual art residency with Anne Krocak in 2011.
- Fosston School District, $2,500 for a watercolor residency with Jim Mondloch in 2011; and $2,100 for a writing residency with Jon Lurie in 2011.
- Fertile/Beltrami School District, $2,500 for the sponsorship of Prairie Fire Children’s Theater; and $2,100 for a residency with Mike Hazard in 2011.
- Crookston School District, $2,500 for a residency with Jenn Steinbrink in 2011; and $2,100 for a music residency with Charlie McGuire in 2011.
- Kittson Central School District in Hallock, $4,200 for a music residency with Soli Hughes in 2011.
Cultural Bank Grants:
- Stephen Arts Council, $1,000.00; for Fallcreek musical group in April 2010.
Arts Project Grants:
- City of Karlstad, $2,050.00; for Prairie Fire “Sleeping Beauty” in June 2010.
- Crookston Comm. Theatre, $2,620.00; for “Helen’s Most Favorite Day” in Sep 09.
- Middle River Comm. Theatre, $3,000.00; for “Harvey” in Oct 09.
- Campbell Library, East Grand Forks, $1,080.00; for the sponsorship of Doug Ohman and Ann Zemke in March and April 2010.
- Crookston Library, $1,000.00; for the sponsorship of a storyteller at area libraries in July 2010.
- Thief River Falls Community Arts Council, $3,000.00; for Kiss Me Kate in June 2010.
- Ada Summer Children’s Theater, $3.000.00; for the sponsorship of Missoula Children’s Theater in August 2010
- Stephen Arts Council, $3,000.00; for Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat in July 2010.
- Association of the French of the North, $3,000.00; for the sponsorship of Coule musicians in August 2010.
- Polk County Fair Board, $3,000.00; for the sponsorship of Prime Time Players radio show in July 2010.
- Lifecare Medical Center, $2,190.00; for painting murals in window wells.
- Marshall County Fair, $3,000.00; for sponsorship of artists to enhance their fair in July 2010.
- Fertile Area Arts Association, $1,275.00; for the sponsorship of Safari Children’s Theater in 2010.
- Roseau Area Friends of the Library, $2,960.00; for the production of the 2010 regional ramblings.
- Fosston Library Arts Association, $3,000.00; for The Matchmaker production in 2010.
Artists in the Schools Grants:
- Roseau School District, $1,200.00; for writing residency in May 2010 and $1,530.00 for music residency in May 2011.
- Tri-County School District, $1,275.00; for writing residency in January 2010.
- Crookston School District, $2,000.00; for string residency in November 2009.
- Lancaster School District, $1,575.00; to sponsor Safari Children’s Theater in August 2010.
- Fertile-Beltrami School District, $1,225.00; for photography residency in 2010.
- Stephen/Argyle School District, $2,475.00; to sponsor Safari Children’s Theater in August 2010.
- Kittson Central School District, $2,000.00; to sponsor Prairie Fire Children’s Theater in August 2010.
- Tri-County School District, $1,890.00; to sponsor a writing residency in April 2011.
- Thief River Falls School District, $1,075.00; to sponsor Safari Children’s Theater in July 2010.
Hispanic Initiative Grant:
- University of Minnesota Crookston, $1,200.00; for Mexican band Esquina in April 2010.
- East Grand Forks Campbell Library, $945.00; to sponsor the music portion of their Spanish Camp in August 2010.
Small Capital Grants:
- Stephen Arts Council: $1,800.00; accessibility repairs
- Crookston Community Theatre: $1,930.00; purchase light equipment
- Red Lake County Central School District: $1,000.00; purchase projectors
- Goodridge School District: $1,000.00; purchase cameras and software
- Norman County East School District: $1,000.00; purchase sound system
- Stephen/Argyle School District: $1,000.00; purchase instruments
Adult Artist Fellowship Grants:
- Catherine Erickson, Middle River: $4,000.00; to document music therapy sessions
- Nancy Kasprowicz, Roseau: $1,200.00; glass bead equipment
- Nancy Vraa, Red Lake Falls: $1,200.00; fiber art studio/store
- Karen Engevik, Roseau: $1,200.00; pottery equipment
- Becky Ylitalo, Badger: $1,200.00; children’s book
- Philip McKenzie, Thief River Falls: $1,200.00; oboe training
- Christine Foster, Thief River Falls: $1,200.00; watercolor workshop
Student Artist Training Mentorship Grants:
- Kayla Jeffery, Warroad: $500.00; pottery
- Travis Miller, Stephen: $500.00; music
- Haylee Pearce, Argyle: $500.00; voice
- Ciera Goldsmith, Lengby: $500.00; visual art
- Jessica Sistad, Fosston: $500.00; visual art
- Abbey Kindall, Winger: $500.00; drawing
- Brita Christenson, Kennedy: $500.00; visual
- Anna Christenson, Kennedy: $500.00; writing
- Shannon Balstad, Fosston: $500.00; photo
- Rachel Bukowski, Middle River: $500.00; photo
- Dylan Bergeron, Argyle: $500.00; vocal
- Kelsey Hanson, Hallock: $500.00; flute
- Alex Pederson, Warroad: $500.00; guitar
- Kim Boisse, McIntosh: $500.00; trumpet
- Jade Liebl, Ada: $500.00; vocal
- Kailey Mykleseth, Crookston: $500.00; vocal
- Sarah Rhen, Badger: $500.00; dance
- MarJenna McWiliam, Winger: $500.00; vocal