Already registered or already have a grant in our on-line system? No problem, quickly log in>>>
User name or password issues? email email@example.com
Current Grant Programs and Deadlines
- Arts Legacy Grants:
- Regular (up to $10,000) (individuals can apply if very strong community component) Aug 1, Nov 1, March 1 deadlines
- Artist Residency in Schools ($2,100) first come, first served program
- General Operating (varies) no deadline
- Arts Project Grants:
- Regular (up to $3,000) Aug 1, Nov 1, March 1 deadlines
- Arts Equipment for Schools (up to $3,000) Nov 1 deadline
- Individual Grants: Artist Project ($5,000 for adults) Oct 15 deadline
- Individual Grants: Artist Project ($1,500 for adults) Jan 15 deadline
- Individual Grants: Quick Turn Around Grants (up to $500 for adults) first come, first served deadline
APPLYING FOR GRANT FUNDING
Sign up for our Email Newsletter for grant announcements
For ideas you can see our list of grants awarded.
It is very important to remember that your organization or you, as an individual, must reside within our seven county serve area to apply; this includes Kittson, Marshall, Norman, Pennington, Polk, Red Lake, and Roseau counties in northwestern Minnesota. Our funding in based on our service to only these counties. If you reside in a different county in Minnesota please look to http://www.arts.state.mn.us/racs/index.htm for which Regional Arts Council serves your area.
Our tips pages can be very helpful in determining which grant programs listed below, and what services, are the best fit.
- Tips for arts organizations, cities, and non-profit groups
- Tips for school districts and schools >>>
- Tips for individuals and students >>>
You have the following options to request/complete an application:
- Grant applications are all on-line in our Foundant based grants management system. The three Arts Legacy Grant categories above are together in one combined form; and the two Arts Project Grant categories above are all on-line in one combined form; and all our grants for individuals (besides Legacy) are all in one combined form. To register click login in the upper right corner of our www.NorthwestMinnesotaArtsCouncil.org website.
- call Mara Hanel, Arts Council Director at 218-745-8886 and request materials sent to you in the mail. If you do not have access to a computer you can complete the application manually and then we will manually enter it into the on-line system. All applications, contracts, final reports are now within the on-line system.
- Go to our Grant Forms Quick List page for forms and links that are helpful while applying.
- Read the guidelines if you are unfamiliar with the grant program, which are within our on-line system, and also can be emailed or sent to you by mail.
- Check your eligibility
- Register in our on-line system or work with our office staff to register.
- Complete the application within the on-line system or with pen and paper and hit submit. You will be able to go in and out of the application multiple times.
- Meet all deadlines for submission. Our address is NWMAC, 120 S Minnesota St, Warren, MN 56762
- If funded sign your contract on-line or request a paper copy
- If funded complete your final report on-line within 60 days of your project completion. (Or request a paper copy)
ARTS LEGACY GRANTS
This is our main category for funding artistic activity within our region. Funding for these grants comes from the Minnesota State Legislature through the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund of the Clean Water, Land and Legacy Amendment. The regular grants are a maximum of $10,000. Deadlines: 1st of August, November, and March. Starting in March each year, this category will have monthly deadlines on the 1st until funds are depleted.
ARTS LEGACY “ARTIST IN THE SCHOOLS” GRANTS
First come, first served grants to school districts in our seven county area. These grants are a maximum of $2,100.00 to sponsor in a traditional week long residency. An extra $400.00 may be requested for residencies with supplies. Schools are strongly encouraged to use our teaching artist roster or use a roster artist from COMPAS.
ARTS LEGACY “GENERAL OPERATING” GRANTS
Available only for Non profit Arts Organizations who are incorporated in our region. See application form for details. Deadline depends on organizations fiscal year.
ARTS PROJECT GRANTS
Supported by general allocation funds from the Minnesota state legislature, locally produced projects and events – as well as sponsorship of performances of touring companies and artists – are supported through the Council’s grants program. These grants are a maximum of $3,000.00. Deadlines: 1st of August, November, and March.
ARTS PROJECT GRANT: ARTS EQUIPMENT FOR SCHOOLS
Supported by general allocation funds from the Minnesota state legislature, schools can apply to purchase artistic equipment for their visual art, performing art, media arts, or creative writing departments. Grants are for up to $3,000.00 with a 25% cash match. Deadline is November 1 each year that it is offered. Please contact our office firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure that we are holding the deadline.
ARTIST FELLOWSHIP and ARTIST PROJECT GRANTS
Assistance for adult individual artists, living in our seven county region, to enhance their careers. Artist Project Grants are for $1,500.00 each and have a January 15 deadline. Artist project grants are for $5,000.00 each and have a October 15 deadline.
ARTIST QUICK TURN AROUND GRANTS
Deadline: first come, first served basis each quarter.
Apply to purchase equipment or attend an upcoming training. Small grants of up to $500 with a suggested 30% cash match. Quick easy application process on-line. Quarterly, a new pool of funds will be available starting in July, October, January, and April.