HOW TO ENTER
1. Please register yourself as a user in our on-line portal LOGIN. Then click to apply to the Northwest Minnesota Art Exhibit. If you cannot get the portal to work please contact our office for assistance and other options 218-745-9111.
2. Advance registration is required. Entry must be submitted and/or postmarked no later than February 29. Absolutely no late entries will be accepted.
3. Artists may enter a total of two works in any 2 or 3 dimensional media. Please submit a photograph or slide of each work entered.
4. Original work only, conceived and executed by the artist. Copies will absolutely not be selected as part of the exhibit.
5. The artist must be a resident of the Minnesota counties of Kittson, Marshall, Norman, Pennington, Polk, Red Lake and Roseau.
6. Entries must be of work completed within the last five years. Pieces that were displayed in previous year’s shows are not eligible for display.
7. Previous years first place adult winners are not eligible for awards for the same style of artwork for three years following their winning selection. The selection committee will determine whether artwork submitted is of a different style and therefore eligible for awards.
8. Pieces will not be eligible without payment of the $10 entry fee per piece for adult artist and $5 entry fee per piece for high school student artist. Payment must be received by the deadline date.
IF SELECTED FOR EXHIBIT (a maximum of 100 pieces can be displayed)
8. All work must be appropriately finished, suitable for hanging or display (e.g., properly wired, no small sawtooth hangers, etc.) Work not meeting requirements will be refused.
9. Northwest Minnesota Art Exhibit will not handle sales, but every effort will be made to put potential buyers in contact with artists.
10. Although the utmost precaution will be taken to protect works, the Northwest Regional Arts Council, the sponsoring group, the facility, and Northwest Minnesota Art Exhibition are not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged work. Artists may wish to personally insure their own work. Submission of work and your signature indicates acceptance of all conditions and waiver of liability.
AWARDS: A total of $2,300 will be awarded. Adult (over 18 years old) awards will be for 1st Place $500.00; 2nd Place $300.00; 3rd Place $200.00; and five merit awards of $100.00 each. Student (14-18 years old) awards will be 1st Place $300.00; 2nd Place $150.00; 3rd Place $100.00; and five merit awards of $50.00 each. Previous year’s first place adult winners are not eligible for awards for the same style of artwork.
FUNDING: In accordance with the policies of the Northwest Minnesota Art Council, a $10 entry fee per piece for adult artist and $5 entry fee per piece for student artist will be required. Funding for this exhibition is being provided by the Northwest Minnesota Arts Council in partnership with the Northwest Regional Development Commission through an appropriation by the Minnesota State Legislature and the McKnight Foundation.
PLEASE NOTE: Entry requirements will be enforced, so please let us clarify any questions or concerns you may have. Call: Mara Hanel at 218-745-9111.