The Minnesota State Arts Board is seeking strong candidates for two key positions:
· Director, communications and external relations
· Program officer, artist assistance.
Both positions are located in St. Paul.
A brief description of each position, and details on how to submit an application online, can be found on the Arts Board’s Web site: http://www.arts.state.mn.us/about/employment.htm
The deadline for applications is Monday, February 13, 2017.
The Northwest Minnesota Arts Council has an opening for a Showcase Specialist. This is a contract position. Deadline to apply is December 6, 2016. The Showcase Specialist coordinates and installs exhibits. The pay scale is considered a contracted specialist. The work activities take approximately 600 hours a year spread out over 12 months. A contract for $15,000 was issued last year to complete the work activities. There are no benefits.
Skills required: Computer skills with Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, Publisher, Access; social media savvy; patience working with artists; positive team attitude; passion for showcasing the art of our area; high arranger abilities; strong responsibility; correspondence/writing email skills; proven record with self management/monitoring to complete work activities within a contract including time tracking, reporting and evaluation.
The main job activity is coordinating and installing showcases in our gallery in East Grand Forks within the River Walk Artists shop. Typically this involves eight showcases a year, with five at the time of Art and Wine Walk events.
Main job duties include:
- Coordinate eight different gallery showcases in East Grand Forks. Partner with River Walk Artists shop to coordinate five Art and Wine walk receptions. Plan three additional receptions. Coordinate food and beverage and attendance by the artists featured in our gallery. Attend and evaluate each event.
- Assist with the display set-up for the Northwest Minnesota Art Exhibit. Attend the reception and help dismantle the exhibit. Select pieces for the traveling exhibit.
- Arrange dates and locations for the traveling exhibit to area libraries. Move the exhibit from location to location eight times from May through December. Drop off artwork with artists or arrange for the pick-up of artwork.
- Create a monthly artist opportunities e-newsletter in Constant Contact on-line. Work with the Promotions Specialist in a team effort.
- Design marketing pieces for showcase projects within the contract.
- Create press releases and media announcements for projects within the contract.
- Determine at least one artist workshop per year. Market the workshop and attend.
- Develop a showcase platform within our website for residency artists and encourage them to participate.
- Promote and encourage participation in our Artists of Northwest Minnesota booklet
- Assist in the development and implementation of a networking program for artists, attend training and lead twelve of the sessions in their home community.
- Provide a print-out of completed work activities each six months in late November and late May; include statistics/evaluation and upcoming events.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter describing how you are qualified to fulfill the contract and send your current resume to our office by December 6, 2016. If you have questions please contact our office at 218-745-9111, 109 S Minnesota Street, Warren, MN 56732 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.