Are you interested in joining the team at Northwest Minnesota Arts Council? We are hiring our contract workers for FY 2019!
NWMAC’s three contract positions:
- Showcase Specialist
- Promotions/Marketing Specialist
- Networking/Training Specialist
Each contract is a maximum of $16,000 from July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019. The pay scale is specialist at $25.00 per hour and a government rate for mileage reimbursement. These positions are flexible based on your own schedule to complete the work listed in the contract. You work from your home on your personal equipment. You are not an employee.
Right now, in May, our office is receiving letters of interest and resumes from candidates to be considered for these three positions. We are especially searching for the Showcase Specialist since that position will be vacant. Note: Our gallery is in East Grand Forks so distance from EGF will be a factor due to budget constraints.
How to apply? Write a letter that states your interest and qualifications to complete the tasks, and send your resume. You can email your information to Director@NWArtsCouncil.org or mail your information to our office at NWMAC, 109 S Minnesota St, Warren, MN 56762. All materials are due by June 1, 2018. All contracts will begin July 1, 2018.
Showcase Specialist tasks: (Please email our office for a more detailed list of tasks if you are interested.)
- Riverwalk Gallery: Coordinate eight different gallery showcases and receptions in East Grand Forks. Update the publications section of our gallery with new brochures and printouts, etc.
- Northwest Minnesota Art Exhibit: Assist with the display set-up and Artist Reception for the Northwest Minnesota Art Exhibit in Badger in April 2019.
- Traveling Show: Select pieces, arrange tour, move the exhibit throughout the library locations. Distribute booklets.
- E-newsletter: Create a monthly artist opportunities e-newsletter in Constant Contact.
- Media: Design marketing pieces, press releases and media announcements for showcase projects .
- Artist Training: Share information with artists on our training and opportunities. Bring forward ideas for more workshops/training for artists based on their feedback.
- Three anticipated extra activities outside our region: Rural Arts and Culture Summit in Bemidji MN in June 2019. Arts Advocacy Day in St Paul in February 2019. RAC’s of MN Staff Retreat in St Cloud in August of 2018. All these events need contract staff to write to the board for approval of pre-approved maximum for time/travel used within contract or in additional to contract.
- Provide a print-out of your completed work activities for Arts Council meetings in Nov and June that includes statistics/evaluation, pictures, and upcoming events. Attend the annual meeting in June if available to present.
Promotions Specialist tasks:
- Continual website updates and coordination
- Continue to develop and increase our promotion on social media including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.
- Attend the NWMAC Artist Reception annually to take pictures and post to our social media about the event. Attend other events locally as schedule and budget permits to promote and announce our/their activities.
- Complete a once a month e-newsletter with information for organizations.
- Improve the NWMAC on-line directory, Artist of NW Minnesota booklet, and include only updated relevant information.
- Arrange for one artist or arts leader monthly to talk about their artform on our radio spot as a feature. Coordinate all weekly radio guests and our staff including communication with the radio station and guests to ensure that they are informed and available.
- Work with the Training Specialist to market workshops through our e-newsletter, flyers to libraries/arts locations, word of mouth, and press release announcements. Inform participants about workshop specifics and provide technical assistance to individuals involved in the process of business development.
- Continue to create a platforms and campaigns for individuals and businesses to give charitable donations to the Northwest Minnesota Arts Council through GiveMN.
- Work with groups to get their information into Explore Minnesota Tourism. Learn the Explore Minnesota Tourism system. Put NWMAC announcements on the site.
- Use Remind App for announcements.
- Create two six-month reports for the NWMAC Board of Directors on statistics related to promotion and marketing. Attend the annual meeting in June if available to present.
Training Specialist tasks: (email for a detailed list of tasks)
- Teaching Artist Roster Training: coordinate and conduct Fall 2018 training sessions in Warren and Roseau.
- Theater Tech training and theater skills training day/conference coordination
- Work of Art: Business Skills for Artists workshop series in Warren. Coordinate and attend.
- Minnesota’s Creative Northwest network meetings in Thief River Falls monthly for one hour, and branching out to more communities throughout the contract year. Coordinate/attend.
- Report on progress at Nov/Dec and June meetings of NWMAC. Attend the annual meeting in June if available to present.