Here is a great grant opportunity for girls ages 5 up through High school graduation.
These grants are awarded twice a year to Minnesota Girls!
DARE TO DREAM
Fund Art, Cultural, Leadership, Educational and Outdoor/Wilderness Experiences.
Designed specifically for girls ages 10 through high school graduation, allowing them to begin exploring the outside world and begin recognizing their own abilities, values and strengths in the process.
Applicants must reside in Minnesota
Requests cannot exceed $500
LET ME PLAY
Fund Sport, Athletic and Dance Equipment or Participation Fees.
Designed for girls ages 5 through high school graduation, giving them the opportunity to be a part of a team, build strength and confidence, and post themselves farther—on and off the field!
Applicant must reside in Minnesota
Requests cannot exceed $500 and documentation of financial need must be provided.
Guidelines for BOTH Grants
- Each applicant must have an adult mentor (not an immediate family member or the activity provider) who will guide her through the application process.
- Requests may not include transportation costs.
- Former grant winners may not reapply.
- Group applications will not be considered.
- Applications must be completely filled out by both applicant and mentor.
- All applications must be signed by a parent or guardian as well as by the girl.
- The activity must begin after the date winners are notified - Spring round: May 15, 2014 and Fall round: November 15, 2014
- Applications must be postmarked by October 15, 2014 for the Fall round.
- Winners will be notified on or by November 15, 2014 for the Fall round.
- The check for the activity will be made out to the organization providing the activity (as it is listed on the application).
- All decisions are final.
- Each grantee will be asked to tell us about her experience after completion of the activity. Mentors will also be asked to answer a few questions.
Please direct all questions to Ann Bancroft Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org call 612.338.5752.
Art and Wine Walk
Drawn and Needled Exhibit Reception
Our very own Therese Masters-Jacobson was one of the River Walk Artists featured during the Grand Cities Art and Wine Walk.
“Yesterday’s Art & Wine Walk was another success for everyone at the gallery. Brett Lysne and Candace Osborn met many people, and answered questions all afternoon. Carolyn Meisel and I were the RWA featured artists for the event. The visitors were plentiful, and complimentary to our exhibit. Candace’s daughter brought a great power-point presentation on her laptop computer showing the steps involved in needle-felting an animal. People really enjoyed it!
The galleries entertained 366 guests.”
It sounds like an amazing time was had by all! Can’t wait for the next one! Hope to see you there!
Please check out the quick turn around grant application! Our office, the Northwest Minnesota Arts Council, with funding from The McKnight Foundation provides $500 grants with a suggested 30% cash match to individuals in our area. These grants are quickly processed by our office and serve to fund spontaneous needs for artistic equipment and artistic training. Performing artists, writers, media artists, fine craft artists, and visual artists can apply if they are a permanent resident of our seven county service area of Northwest Minnesota.
Here is the Quick Turnaround Grant application in a Word file.
Each quarter a new pool of funding will become available starting in July, October, January, and April.