Crookston’s Queen City Arts Festival welcomes art vendors, artists to lead interactive activities, and feature artists to do chalk drawings. Contact Shirley Iverson for more details at 218-280-2854.
Board Members Needed for NW Regional Arts Council
Support the arts in your county and our region by becoming an Arts Council board member! The Northwest Minnesota Arts Council has openings for two representatives from Norman County. We are also looking for three at-large members who can be from any of our seven counties of Kittson, Marshall, Norman, Pennington, Red Lake, and Roseau. Board members will serve for a three-year term from Summer 2019 until June 2021 with the option to add an additional 3 year term afterwards.
As part of the Council you will become familiar with arts groups and individuals who are making the arts happen throughout our seven county service area in Northwest Minnesota. You will also have the satisfaction of knowing that you have contributed to the vitality of the arts in our part of Minnesota.
The Council meets five times a year usually in Warren, MN. The Council reviews and approves arts grants and arts policy and arts services for seven counties in Minnesota. You must be confident on a computer and have Internet access to be a board member since communication happens between meetings by email and websites.
For more information and to receive a nomination form for yourself or a friend, contact Mara Hanel, NWMAC, at 218-745-9111; or email her at email@example.com. General information on the Northwest Minnesota Arts Council including the nomination form can be viewed at www.NorthwestMinnesotaArtsCouncil.org in the About Us section.
The City of Viking, Minnesota, working through a Veteran’s Memorial Committee, will be developing a site to honor their communities’ veterans; past, present and future. They are seeking proposals for art that honors veterans that can be transferred to granite or other material that will withstand our weather. The art will need to either be captured electronically and lazered onto the stone, or etched. Clear uncluttered images are best for transfer. Proposals of other types of art are also welcomed as long as the result would be weatherproof, and large enough to be the centerpiece of our memorial.
Project Description: The vision is to select a site along the main street of Viking, and develop an area to commemorate veterans. The site will include a pathway lined with veteran commemorative bricks, garden and plant area, benches and an art centerpiece. This call is for a proposal for the centerpiece.
Goals: Their goal is to publicly thank their veterans, and give their citizens and visitors a place to contemplate the sacrifices that have been made to maintain freedom, and be exposed to quality art.
The proposal should include the following:
- A description of the artwork that is proposed. i.e. pencil drawing of “ ”, mosaic, oil, etc.
- The artists proposal for the final piece, i.e. artwork lazered, etched, etc., recommendations on size, if the proposed artwork is the final piece, description of size, etc.
- Memorial wording may be included, but is not required. If describing a completed piece, location of wording can be included.
- Artist’s proposal for use of the “original” if it is art to be transferred.
- Photos of other art pieces completed by the artist, and general qualifications.
- Artist’s fees.
- Name, address, and phone number.
They are seeking artists who are located in the northwest region of Minnesota. Only Minnesota artists will be considered.
Deadline: Proposals must be received by June 15, 2019.
Address: Proposals must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Cheryl Peters, P.O. Box 112, Viking, MN 56760.
Selection Process: The Viking Veterans Memorial committee will seek input from local veterans, citizens and the Viking City Council, and notify all entrants of the selection by July 15, 2019. Please send any requests for additional information to email@example.com.
The Zehlian’s are planning their annual Art and Wine Walk in Thief River for Thursday, June 20th and they are looking for more artists. Are you interested in participating? Email Jodi at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to sign up.
We are offering visual, writing and performing artists an enhanced listing that goes beyond our artist booklet or artists who want to market themselves further.
- Your own page on our website that includes how to book you, buy your work or services.
- Information about your art and what you are offering or selling to the public on a kiosk located in a public place TBD.
- The opportunity to have a piece of art in an exhibit that features artists of our artist booklet.
This is a chance to go the extra step in promoting your art and services. Visual artists will have an image of their art included in the listing. Performing artists can include a video of their performance. The public will be able to view your information and look or listen to your work on our website and on a kiosk/computer station. They will also be able to read more about you and find out how to book your band for a show or purchase your book if you are an author.
Interested? If so, you need more information. The cost is $50. As always, you can use Paypal on our website donations page to pay.
Even if you have a listing in our artist booklet we need you to complete the forms to ensure that the information is up-to-date. Coordinate the drop off of your piece of art with Stephanie Olson, our Showcase Specialist. Her email is email@example.com.
We want to help you connect with the people who can hire you, show your artwork, or purchase your work!
Information Needed for Artists of Northwest Minnesota Enhanced Listing
• Briefly describe what merchandise you have to sell, group similar items by headings, this should not be a list of all your pieces for sale just an overview of what you have available.
• If you have items you have created for sale please list whether you are looking for local retail outlets, have your own studio store, or sell by personal contact, etc.
• If you are a visual artist who excels at public art pieces please provide a sample of your work and write a brief description
• If you are a literary or performance artist and have a presentation you regularly perform please provide a description. Include a link to a video on YouTube if you like.
Please reach out with any questions or to submit your information for the listing! firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-745-9111.
To see a list of the artists in our listing visit this page on our website.