10th Annual Roseau Scandinavian Festival
The City of Roseau hosted a weekend of Scandinavian Festivities throughout Roseau, June 15th and June 16th, 2012. Weekend Events included:
- An evening of music featuring a young group of musicians from Sweden, and Paul & Mary Abendroth of Brainerd, MN at the Roseau School Theater 7 p.m.
- Scandinavian Treats afterward.
- Pancake Breakfast was served from 7-10 am at the Four Seasons Senior Center.
- Fresh lefse was prepared at 5 stations and served until 2 p.m. while Paul & Mary Abendroth provided special music.
- Music tent, artists, food vendors, crafter booths and demonstrations.
- Maypole raising at 3:30 pm at the City Center
- Storytelling and workshops at the City Center
- Scandinavian smorgasbord at the Roseau City Center from 4:30-6:30 pm
- Evening entertainment featuring The Sutter Brothers and Bonnie Nordvall and Joe Olson – storytelling about the local area, music, comedy and more – Roseau School Theater at 7 pm (Admission by button or $7)
For mor information see the website: http://www.goroseau.com/scandinavian.html
These activities are funded in part by a grant from the Northwest Minnesota Arts Council and the Minnesota arts and cultural heritage fund as appropriated by the Minnesota State Legislature.
|Location:||Various locations across Roseau|