A Day for Theater Makers — Theater Tech Workshop
Saturday, April 6, 2019
NWMAC Office Conference Room
109 S Minnesota Street, Warren MN
Put this on your calendar! More details coming soon!
This is a day for theater makers in our region to get together, gain some knowledge, share some knowledge, and meet others with the same goal: producing quality theater.
Sessions will include:
- Set Design and Building
- Costumes and Wigs
- Props, Masks and Puppets
- Social Media/Online ticket sales/Credit Card Acceptance
- And More—we will be adding other topics, so stay tuned
Who is this workshop intended for?
- Directors: Learn some tech basics and—perhaps more importantly–how to dialogue with others to create a comprehensive production.
- Board members: gain insight into the world of “what’s going on behind the scenes.” Also, easy and inexpensive ways to manage staff and volunteers, box office and publicity.
- Set Builders and those who would like to become Set Builders: innovative and practical ways to create theater within a limited budget.
- Costumers: How to create a costume plot, measure, local area and internet resources, storing and organizing inventory.
- Volunteers of every aspect of theater: those who want to step into this world but lack knowledge and confidence.
- Young/old/seasoned veterans/newcomers: there will be time to ask questions, give answers and get to know others in our region.
Presenters for the workshop include Philip Hoks, Jane Anderson and Andrea Thibert.