Deadline: Friday, September 18, at noon (CT)
Thoroughly reading through the Application Guidelines (download here) prior to starting your application as some components of the application process have changed and expanded.
The MCAD-administered fellowship program uses an independent jury of three arts professionals to competitively award four fellowships. The fellowship runs from November 30, 2020–November 30, 2021 and includes:
- $10,000 – The funds may be used to purchase materials, cover production costs of artwork, and to supplement living or travel costs. Awards are subject to state and federal income tax guidelines.
- Three studio visits from professional critics (2 local, I national).
- An exhibition at the MCAD Gallery in Fall 2021.
- A catalog with a critical essay on each artist’s work.
- The opportunity to partake in a public panel discussion.
- Access to MCAD’s facilities, library, and ½ off tuition for Continuing Education courses.
INFORMATION SESSIONS AND ONE-ON-ONE MEETING
- Application Overview presented by Program Director Kerry Morgan
- Work Samples, Statements, and Application Strategies presented by 2019/20 Jerome fellow Kaamil A. Haider
- Tuesday, August 4, noon–1:00 p.m. Work Samples, Statements, and Application Strategies hosted by Fellowship Coordinator Melanie Pankau
- Thursday, August 20, 6:30–7:30 p.m. Work Samples, Statements, and Application Strategies hosted by Program Director Kerry Morgan
Zoom Webinar (link)
Applicants are also welcome to schedule one-on-one meetings (over the phone or Zoom) with the program director or fellowship coordinator before submitting their applications online. To schedule a meeting or to request examples of previous fellowship recipients’ artist statements and resumes please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we will not be able to schedule one-on-one meetings the week prior to the application deadline (September 14–18).
For further information, contact:
Kerry Morgan, Program Director
Melanie Pankau, Fellowship Coordinator