Minnesota Center for Book Arts is pleased to announce the McKnight Fellowships for Book Artists.
The intent of this program is to recognize and support mid-career book artists living and working in Minnesota who demonstrate exceptional artistic merit and commitment to the field. 2019 marks the first year McKnight will be partnering with MCBA to offer the fellowships program in the field of book arts. Each year going forward, MCBA will administer two Fellowship awards, which will allow Minnesota book artists to set aside time for study, reflection, opportunities, new projects, experimentation, and exploration.
Fellowship benefits include:
- An unrestricted $25,000 award
- Funding for professional digital documentation of artwork
- MCBA Artist Collective membership during fellowship year
- Two studio visits from a national critic/curator/artist
- Featured participation in a public artist panel at Open Book
- Travel honorarium to attend one conference during the fellowship year
- Opportunity to attend an artist residency program
The program is designed to award Minnesota book artists whose work is of exceptional artistic merit, who have created a substantial body of work over a sustained period of time, and are at a stage in their career that is beyond emerging.
Application Cycle Opens: December 1, 2019–March 1, 2020
Visit here for more information.