NWMAC Showcase Specialist Contract Position is Open. Deadline to Apply is September 12.
Job Description includes:
- Coordinate 8 different showcases in Thief River Falls at Northland CTC gallery. Coordinate all the artist receptions. Attend and evaluate each event by collecting statistics, interviews, and pictures. Report by email twice a month to the Director of the NWMAC about changes or concerns regarding exhibits. Exhibits include:
- Four exhibits featuring artists with one featuring artists of color
- One exhibit featuring students
- One exhibit featuring folk arts
- Two exhibits featuring art by a variety of people as art for all
- Display enhanced listing art with labeling at location selected.
- Research traveling cart idea including budget and logistics.
- Research other art crawl events in our area and prepare a plan related to connecting our artists with these showcases.
- Assist the Director of the NWMAC with the display set-up for the Northwest Minnesota Art Exhibit. This is two full days of work each Spring. Attend the reception (a third full day), count people’s choice ballots, assist with awards presentation, and help dismantle the exhibit. Select 12-15 pieces for the traveling exhibit during the set-up day. Announce the traveling exhibit names at the reception and inform the public about exhibiting opportunities. Collect pieces in bins at the end of the reception and transport pieces to the first traveling exhibit library location.
- Arrange dates and locations for the mini-traveling exhibit to area libraries. Move the exhibit throughout the locations. Work with locations on press release and announcements including providing text and pictures to our Promotions Specialist for social media posts. Move the exhibit twelve times, once a month from May through April to each county. Drop artwork off with the artists at the end of the exhibit or bring to the registration day of the next annual exhibit and return to them as they drop off a new piece. While at the location, advertise that you will meet with artists at the library to talk about showcasing at our gallery and upcoming trainings and more.
- Design marketing pieces for showcase projects. Create press releases and media announcements for projects.
- Provide a print-out of completed work activities for the NWMAC meetings in June that includes statistics/evaluation, pictures, and upcoming events.
$12,000 annual budget. All contract positions work out of their home, with their own computer and office equipment and supplies. We pay at the specialist rate of $25.00 per hour. Time tracking related to tasks completed is submitted monthly for reimbursement from the budgeted contract amount annually. Extremely flexible hours to complete tasks. Approximately 8 hours a week.
Deadline of September 12 for applicants to apply. Please submit a cover letter and complete an application at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JobAppNWMAC. It will work best if you prepare your response before starting the job application within the link. Each part of the work activities is included in the job application and you will write about your qualifications, communication style and ability to connect with others and build good relationships.
Please contact NWMAC Executive Director Mara Hanel with any questions at email@example.com or 218-745-9111.