The City of Viking, Minnesota, working through a Veteran’s Memorial Committee, will be developing a site to honor their communities’ veterans; past, present and future. They are seeking proposals for art that honors veterans that can be transferred to granite or other material that will withstand our weather. The art will need to either be captured electronically and lazered onto the stone, or etched. Clear uncluttered images are best for transfer. Proposals of other types of art are also welcomed as long as the result would be weatherproof, and large enough to be the centerpiece of our memorial.
Project Description: The vision is to select a site along the main street of Viking, and develop an area to commemorate veterans. The site will include a pathway lined with veteran commemorative bricks, garden and plant area, benches and an art centerpiece. This call is for a proposal for the centerpiece.
Goals: Their goal is to publicly thank their veterans, and give their citizens and visitors a place to contemplate the sacrifices that have been made to maintain freedom, and be exposed to quality art.
The proposal should include the following:
- A description of the artwork that is proposed. i.e. pencil drawing of “ ”, mosaic, oil, etc.
- The artists proposal for the final piece, i.e. artwork lazered, etched, etc., recommendations on size, if the proposed artwork is the final piece, description of size, etc.
- Memorial wording may be included, but is not required. If describing a completed piece, location of wording can be included.
- Artist’s proposal for use of the “original” if it is art to be transferred.
- Photos of other art pieces completed by the artist, and general qualifications.
- Artist’s fees.
- Name, address, and phone number.
They are seeking artists who are located in the northwest region of Minnesota. Only Minnesota artists will be considered.
Deadline: Proposals must be received by June 15, 2019.
Address: Proposals must be submitted via email to email@example.com or mailed to Cheryl Peters, P.O. Box 112, Viking, MN 56760.
Selection Process: The Viking Veterans Memorial committee will seek input from local veterans, citizens and the Viking City Council, and notify all entrants of the selection by July 15, 2019. Please send any requests for additional information to firstname.lastname@example.org.