Call for Artwork
Centennial Library seeks to purchase ten artworks to display on the non-fiction shelves. The Selection Committee will categorize the artworks by the Dewey Decimal system for placement throughout the shelves. Custom display boxes are being fabricated to fit within the shelves. Additional considerations:
- Artwork must fit within the fabricated boxes.
- Outside dimensions of the box: 13 ¾” (w) x 10 5/8” (h) x9 13/16” (d)
- Inside dimensions of the box: 11 3/8” (w) x 8 ¼” (h) x 9” (d)
- Walnut plywood exterior with solid walnut frame on the front, birch plywood interior.
- Artwork can be 2D or 3D
- Artwork creates a sense of wonder and curiosity within visitors to the library, and inspires them to explore the library
- Artwork can be new or previously created. Previously created artworks cannot be committed to other shows or exhibitions. Artwork will be purchased outright by the Library.
- Artworks should be durable and low maintenance
- Artwork may be representational or abstract. The use of commercial imagery is discouraged.
Dewey Decimal System categories:
Computer science, information & general works
Philosophy & psychology
Natural Science & Mathematics
Technology (applied sciences)
Arts & recreation
History & geography
Artists based in Minnesota age 16 and older are invited to apply. Artists can submit more than one artwork for consideration. We are committed to a policy of providing opportunities to people regardless of economic or social status and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical ability.
Interested artists are invited to submit materials for review by January 7, 2019 at 4:30pm CST.
Each participating artist will receive a stipend of $750.
See here for more information.