The NWMAC Invites You to Attend the 2018 Arts Expo & the Annual Art Exhibit
This year the annual Art Exhibit will be in Thief River Falls at the Engelstad Arena and runs from April 18 through April 28, 2018.
Annual Art Exhibit. Artists, adult and students, from our 7 county service region have entered into this art exhibit and will be competing for $2300.00 in cash awards. Exhibit cash award winners will be chosen while the exhibit is on display by a qualified juror. They will be recognized and receive their check at the Artist Reception on Saturday, April 28. The exhibit opens at 9:30 am that day with the reception at 2:00 pm. Exhibit and Of the Year Awards will be presented at 2:30 pm.
Arts Expo. The Northwest Minnesota Arts Council is hosting an Arts Expo on Saturday, April 28 at the Ralph Engelstad Arena in Thief River Falls. The event will include presentations from representatives from a variety of arts organizations. These representatives will also be staffing tables to meet with attendees, answer questions and provide information about their organizations and services.
Saturday, April 28 Schedule:
9:30 Art Show in Lobby (open all day)
11:00 VSA Presentation in Dakota Room: For artists with disabilities as well as Arts Leaders or other organizations trying to provide access to people with disabilities.
Noon-2:00 Round Table presentations in Imperial Room
2:00 Artists’ Reception
2:30-3:30 Exhibit and Of the Year Awards Presentation
Organizations at the Arts Expo and their representatives include this amazing line-up!
- MCA (Minnesota Citizens for the Arts): Sheila Smith, Executive Director
- VSA Minnesota (The state organization on Arts and Disability): Craig Dunn, Executive Director
- Springboard for the Arts: (office in Fergus Falls and St Paul) Dominic Facio
Foundations and Organizations that give grants to artists and arts organizations, cities, etc…
- Minnesota State Arts Board in St Paul: Sue Gens, Executive Director
- Northwest Minnesota Arts Council in Warren: Mara Hanel, Executive Director
- Playwright Center: Julia Brown and Alayna Barnes *
- Northern Clay Center: Kyle Rudy-Kohlhepp *
- Jerome Foundation in St. Paul: Ben Cameron
Playwright Center and Northern Clay administer McKnight Fellowships will be on hand to answer questions on these larger fellowships and talk about their own programming for residents of Minnesota.
A few more key arts organizations from the Twin Cities area!
- Minnesota Music Coalition: Ellen Stanley
- MN Assn of Songwriters: Carl Unbehahn
- MN Theater Alliance: Joanna Snedman
- MN Fringe Festival: Dawn Bentley
- Nemeth Art Center: Michael Dagen and Dawn Rossback
- Women’s Art Institute: Anna Garski
Local experts will speak on resources that serve the state:
- MN Arts Online: Therese Masters Jacobson
- Explore MN Tourism: Dave Bergman
- Teaching Artist Roster Program Artists (in NW Minnesota): Misti Koop, Stephanie Olson