Would you like your name and photo and school residency experience included in our Teaching Artists Roster? Would you benefit from training in developing and refining the residency that you will offer students?
The Northwest Minnesota Arts Council is offering a Teaching Artist Roster Program. This program is a six-session training designed to support artists in refining and developing skills for conducting collaborative, in-depth arts learning experiences in organizations, community settings and schools.
Up to six artists will be selected to participate in this first training series from Oct 2017 – Dec 2017 in Warren. Applications due Sept 25 for this first group. A second group of artists will start in the Spring, maybe even two groups if we have enough interest. Deadline TBD.
Artists who complete the program are listed on the NWMAC Teaching Artist Roster and are eligible to apply for residency funding through the Teaching Artist Grant program.
Artists who complete the Teaching Artist Roster Program:
- Value themselves as artists and understand what they offer as teaching artists
- Expand the ways they apply their craft
- Understand the essential role arts play in a complete education
- Belong to a network of fellow teaching artists who serve as resources, mentors and peers
- Are ready to employ and lead assessments that involve personal reflection for continuous improvement
- Understand how the roles of artist and teacher intersect
- Are able to develop a residency plan
- Are familiar with the NWMAC Teaching Artist Grant application process
- Employ strategies that contribute to success as a teaching artist
For an example of what this roster will look like, visit
www.centralmnartsboard.org and click on Artist Teaching Roster. The value of the training is 20 CEU credits and approximately $600.00 per participant if taken elsewhere. Performing, visual, and creative writing artists (and other disciplines) who are chosen to participate in this program will receive small group and one-on-one training to prepare them to be Artists- in-Residence.
Applications are due by Monday, September 25.
The application and guidelines are in our NWMAC on-line grant system. Login to your already established Username or Create a User for yourself within the the Login page. Then begin your application for the Teaching Artist Roster Program by hitting Apply. Call our office 218-745-9111 or email if you have problems.
Would you like to learn more at an information session? We recently conducted an information session in Thief River Falls and will be offering two more on the following dates:
* September 12 in Warren at the NWMAC Conference Room 5 – 6:00 p.m.
*September 13 in Greenbush at the Community Room that is attached to the library 5 – 6:00 p.m.
(RSVP is essential by Monday, September 11 to email@example.com for the September 12 and 13 meetings.)
Please see the Program Guidelines here (Note: this copy is a bit messy due to website formatting. You can view the Guidelines in the on-line application in a Preview mode also.)