The Northwest Minnesota Arts Council hires a contract position each year for a Promotions Specialist. Please let us know if you are interested in being considered for this position. Submit a cover letter describing how you are qualified to fulfill the contract and send your current resume to our office by June 1, 2017.
Promotions Specialist: Excels in working with the media, social media, and web presence.
Pay Scale is considered a contracted specialist. The work activities take approximately 520 hours a year spread out over 12 months. A contract for $13,000 was used last year to complete the work activities. There are no benefits.
Promotions Work Activities:
- Website updates and coordination.
- Develop and increase promotion on social media.
- Attend the NWMAC Artist Reception annually to take pictures and post to our social media about the event.
- Complete a once a month e-newsletter.
- Improve the NWMAC on-line directory.
- Arrange for artists or arts leaders to talk on our radio spot. Coordinate all weekly radio segments.
- Determine one workshop annually to offer related to promotion and marketing. Announce, attend, and arrange the workshop.
- Create platforms for charitable donations.
- Work with groups to use Explore MN Tourism website.
- Promote information on residency artists.
- Create two six-month reports for the Board of Directors on statistics related to promotion and marketing.
Note: The work activities have been slightly abbreviated above. The see a full listing please contact our office.