The Northwest Minnesota Arts Council is pleased to be able to offer a free workshop on Preserving Creative Works on DVD. This workshop will be presented by instructor Michael Harvey at the Roseau Public Library on Wednesday and Thursday evening, November 13 and 14, 2013. Workshop hours will be 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Participants must have basic understanding of computers to attend. This is not an introductory course in computer use.
This Workshop is being offered free of charge to all participants, and is aimed at all the arts: music, dance, visual, written, and theater. Registration is requested by calling the Arts Council office at: 218-745-9111, or email Mara or Therese. Participants should bring a laptop computer, if possible.
Mr. Harvey will bring a disk with free software, How-To videos, Royalty Free Music and Instructions for each participant. The order of coverage, amount of time on topics and detailed instruction will be based on the desires of the class.
The first session will be overview and demonstration of some of the basics. Students can load the software, How-To videos and music overnight and experiment. The second session will answer questions and cover topics that may be difficult.
Topics Mr. Harvey plans to cover include:
- 1. Applying Watermark to photos to include photos of other art forms, paining, sculpture, ceramics, textiles, etc
- 2. Taking panorama photos
- 3. Creating Panorama photos
- 4. Highlight people or portions of a photograph
- 5. Editing Photos
- 6. Creating Personal icons
- 7. Creating Title photos
- 8. Recording continuous narrative
- 9. Using Photos Story 3 to create videos from still photos
- 10. Burning DVDs
- 11. Screen Capture
- 12. Scanning Photographs
- 13. Scanning documents with OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
- 14. Creating your own How-To videos
- 15. Cutting and Pasting photographs
- 16. Merging Photographs
- 17. Autostitching layered photographs
Remember, this Workshop is being offered free of charge to all participants. Please register by calling the Arts Council office at: 218-745-9111, or email Mara or Therese. Participants should bring a laptop computer, if possible.
The Roseau Library is located at 121 Center Street E, Roseau, MN, 2 blocks south of Hwy 11, 1 block east of Main.
- DVD Workshop
- November 13 & 14, 2013
- 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Roseau Public Library, Community Room
- Michael Harvey, Instructor
- 218-745-9111 – Registration
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-45367011-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);