The Traveling Art Show has been bringing artwork by seven regional artists to ten local libraries throughout northwest Minnesota for seven months. The final venue for the exhibit is Warren’s Godel Library at 314 E. Johnson Avenue.
Beginning last May and continuing through December 19th, artwork from the 13th annual Regional Art Exhibit in Kennedy, MN, sponsored by the Northwest Minnesota Arts Council has been traveling on tour.
The traveling exhibit consists of varied artworks, including watercolors, photographs, a woodcut, and a mixed-media piece. Each artist offers a completely unique perspective. Photographer Bert Foster described his entry, Warm Reflections: “I was struck by the kaleidoscope of colors, shapes and textures I saw in a pool of thawing ice.”
Artists whose work may be viewed in the traveling exhibit include Annethea Novacek, Pat Ledin Dunning, Marge Anderson, Loren Younggren, Loreen Hanson, Bert Foster, and Paulette Christianson. Loren Younggren is a Merit Award winner in this year’s Regional Exhibit, and also shares the People’s Choice award.
- Fosston Public Library May 16 – June 6
- Greenbush Public Library June 6 – June 27
- Hallock Public Library June 27 – July 18
- Roseau Public Library July 18 – Aug 8
- Crookston Public Library Augt 8 – Aug 29
- Red Lake Public Library Aug 29 – Sept 2o
- Thief River Falls P.L. Sept 20 – Oct 17
- Climax Library Oct 17 – Nov 7
- Ada Library Nov 7 – Nov 29
- Warren Public Library Dec 3 – Dec 19
For more information on the final exhibit contact librarian, Dawn Korynta at 218-745-5465.
The Northwest Minnesota Arts Council serves the seven counties of Kittson, Marshall, Norman, Pennington, Polk, Red Lake, and Roseau. The annual art exhibit is sponsored with funds from the McKnight Foundation and from the Minnesota State Legislature.